Protecting the Privacy of Children:
Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. Our website is not directed at children under 13 and we won’t knowingly allow anyone under 13 to provide us any personally identifying information; if you’re under 13, please don’t provide any information about yourself on this website.
2. The Information We Collect and How We Use ItThe information we collect falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by users of the Site when they register with the Site, write blogs, post comments, respond to surveys or questionnaires, enter promotional contests, make entries in treatment diaries, make use of an assessment tool (such as our body mass index calculator), and the like; and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site and review our email newsletters and other email messages. Third party providers featured on or linked to by our Site, such as advertisers of products and services offered through the Site, may be gathering information, as well, through processes we don’t control.
A. Information Supplied by Visitors:
You are welcome to visit the Site without registering. However, to participate in any of the community features on this Site (for example, by creating or subscribing to blogs, posting to a message board, commenting on a blog, etc.), you must register. When you register, we may ask you to provide certain contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number (collectively, “Contact Information”). We may request similar Contact Information when you participate in a survey or poll, respond to a questionnaire or quiz, enter a promotional contest, create a treatment diary, sign-up for a reminder service or content alert, make use of an assessment tool, or sign up for any of the other services available on the Site. If you don’t provide us your postal address, we may use the Contact Information you provide to complete our records by obtaining your postal address from a third party and adding your postal address to our database as part of your Contact Information. You may opt-out of having your postal address collected in this way by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Once you provide us Contact Information, you are no longer anonymous to us. We may use your Contact Information to contact you, for example, when we send you an email newsletter, a direct mail advertisement or offer, a treatment reminder, or an alert that you’ve requested. If you are selected as a winner of a promotional contest, we’ll use the Contact Information you provided to contact you.
When you register with our Site, sign up for a service, or otherwise interact with the Site, we may ask you to provide demographic information (such as your ZIP code, age, gender, and income level), health-related information (such as height, weight, age, gender, family characteristics, health-related interests, treatment experience, prescription drug information, etc., as well as information about the kinds of healthcare providers you’ve consulted and how your health services are paid for), and other information relating to your use of the Site (such as a username and password). We may use the demographic and health-related information you provide to improve our Site and the services we offer and to tailor the advertising displayed on our Site to the interests of individual users to increase the likelihood that our users will find these ads useful and informative. We may also share anonymous, aggregate user data with third parties. We may associate and demographic or health-related information you voluntarily provide with your Contact Information so that we can send you email messages about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, provided that you have not previously opted-out of receiving such messages.
When you register, sign up for a service, or otherwise interact with the Site, we may also invite you to subscribe to various email newsletters or other services. You can unsubscribe to any such newsletter or service by following the instructions in Section 10 (“Choice/Opt-Out”), below.
Our advertisers and other sponsors may collect information from users of this Site through offer forms that we display on the Site on their behalf. These forms are labeled as advertisements or identify the advertiser or other sponsor that is making the offer and may ask you to provide Contact Information, demographic information, health-related information, and other information. As will be apparent from the web page on which the form is displayed, we submit the information you provide on such forms directly to the advertiser or other sponsor identified on the form and we retain a copy of such information only for as long as is necessary to establish to the satisfaction of the advertiser or sponsor the value we have provided.
B. Other Information We Collect: Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer configuration when you visit our Site, including the type (and version) of browser software you use, the operating system you’re running, the website that referred you, and your IP address. We use this information to make our site as useful as we can for as many users as possible. Your IP address is a numerical address assigned to your computer that is used by other computers connected to the Internet to communicate with your computer so that data (such as the web pages you want to view) can be transmitted to you. We use your IP address to route data (such as the web pages you request) to your computer, to track which pages within the Site have been accessed from your computer, and to track how well each page within our Site is performing so that we can continue to improve our Site and the services we offer. We also use IP address information for systems administration, to report aggregate information to sponsors and advertisers, and to conduct Site analysis.
The help function on most web browsers contains information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting a cookie or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you don’t accept cookies, you won’t be able to take advantage of some of our Sites’ most attractive features. Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While FOQ will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
It is the case that even if someone is not a Facebook user or is not logged in, Facebook's social plug-ins (for instance, "like" buttons) collect the address of the Web page being visited and the Internet address of the visitor as soon as the page is loaded--clicking on the Like button is not required. If enough sites participate, that permits Facebook to assemble a vast amount of data about Internet users' browsing habits.
To learn more about behavioral targeting of advertising and your opt-out options, generally, and to opt-out of the Atlas and/or Akamai advertising network click here: You may opt out of the Microsoft advertising network by clicking here and following the instructions. We may also use Usage Data gathered on this Site and other websites to target and serve advertisements, promotions, and other marketing messages on this Site and other websites.
A. Business Transfers:
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Contact Information and other information that we have associated with Contact Information may be part of the transferred assets.
B. Vendors: FOQ, like many businesses, sometimes contracts with other companies to perform certain business-related functions. For example, we may use third party companies to provide email and direct mail services, database research and maintenance, payment processing, and other services. If you have registered with the Site, we may share your Contact Information and other information that we have associated with your Contact Information, as necessary or desirable for the third party to provide such services for us. Those third parties have contractually committed not to use your Contact Information (and the information we’ve associated with your Contact Information) for any other purpose.
C. Other Disclosures:
6. Updating Our Records:If your Contact Information changes, if you wish to unsubscribe to a newsletter or to a notification or other service, you may correct, update, or delete our records or unsubscribe by logging onto the Site and clicking the “Profile” button in the upper righthand corner of any page. You may update your Profile by clicking on the “My Profile” tab and following the instructions and can unsubscribe to any Site service by clicking on the “My Setting” tab and following the instructions. In addition, if you wish to change or cancel a subscription to one of our email newsletters, you may do so by going to and clicking on the “Free Newsletter” link at the upper lefthand side of the page and then clicking on “Change Your Email Address” or “Change or Stop a Subscription.” Alternatively, you may email us at or contact us by telephone or postal mail at the phone number or mailing address listed in Section 13 (“Contacting the Site”) below.
7. External Links:To provide users with greater value, we may provide links to various third party websites. However, we do not control the privacy practices or the content of the sites to which we link, nor can we guarantee the products or services you may obtain through such sites. These links to third party websites are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. That said, we are always seeking to improve our Site and would appreciate any comments you might have on any website to which we link. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Public Postings:If you post information to any area of the Site that may be accessed by other users (such as information you place in your user profile, post in a comment on a blog, message board, or chatroom, or include in a blog), bear in mind that such information can be viewed by anyone with an Internet connection. Please think carefully before disclosing Contact Information or any personal information in any of these public areas. Such information is not private; FOQ is free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such information to others without limitation or attribution. Any information you disclose may be used by third parties we don’t control. For example, if you disclose your Contact Information in any of these public areas, it may be used by third parties to send you unsolicited advertisements or other messages. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit in these forums.
9. Security:Information we gather on our website is stored within FOQ-controlled databases (or databases hosted on our behalf) on servers maintained in protected environments. However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
10. Choice/Opt-Out:We provide you the opportunity to “opt out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, when you register for the Site, if you do not wish to receive any promotional material from the Site, you can indicate your preference on our registration form. Though we hope you’ll find the email newsletters, reminder services, and alerts we send you informative and useful, if you don’t, you can always unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, reminder service, or alert by following the simple instructions included in each email or by emailing us at email@example.com. You can opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the opt-out instructions contained in each commercial email message you receive from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt-out requests are generally processed within five business days. If you wish to change a subscription to one of our email newsletters, you may also do so by going to and clicking on the “Free Newsletter” link at the upper lefthand side of the page and then clicking on “Change Your Email Address” or “Change or Stop a Subscription.” Please be aware that even if you unsubscribe from all email newsletters, treatment reminders, and alerts, and opt out of receiving promotional messages from FOQ, you may continue to receive the occasional messages we send to registered users concerning the Site, or one of our services. The only way to opt out of receiving such relationship messages is to cancel your registration. To do so, please email us at email@example.com. If you cancel your registration, you will no longer be able to make use of the community features of our Site.
11. Third Party Personal Data:At times, we may ask you for Contact Information relating to third parties. For example, if you ask us to email content to a friend using our “Email This Page to a Friend” tool, we’ll ask you for your friend’s email address. FOQ stores this information for the purpose of emailing the content you’ve asked us to send. Your friend may contact us at to request that we remove this information from our database.
All content provided on this site is general in nature and is provided for informational purposes only. We do not provide individualized medical or health care advice. Nothing contained on this site or any other website in the network is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment or as a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site or any other website in the network.
Copyright Notice©2009-2012 Friends of Quinn LLC. All Rights Reserved
Questions or ConcernsIf you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us at